- Sony Biotechnology
- Sony Biotechnology
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 microL per million cells or 5 microL per 100 microL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PE/Dazzle™ 594 has a maximum excitation of 566 nm and a maximum emission of 610 nm.
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
2. Nunes J, et al. 1993. Biochem. J. 293:835.
3. Calea-Lauri J, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:62.
4. Tazi A, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3511. (IHC)
5. Marti F, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:197. (Costim)
6. Jeong SH, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:6995. (Costim)
7. Rivollier A, et al. 2004. Blood 104:4029. (Costim)
8. Scharschmidt E, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell Biol. 24:3860. (Costim)
9. Sheng W, et al. 2007.Elsevier 580:6819. PubMed
10. Mitsuhashi M. 2007. Clin Chem.53:148. PubMed
11. Ye Z, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:2541. PubMed
12. Magatti M, et al. 2008. Stem Cells 26:182. (FA) PubMed
13. Yoshino N, et al. 2008. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
14. Berg M, et al. 2008. J Leukoc Biol. 83:853. (IP) PubMed
15. Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
16. Leonard JA, et al. 2011. J. Virol. 85:6867. PubMed
17. Nomura T, et al. 2012. J. Virol. 86:6481. PubMed